House rules

We’d love to hear what you think of the issues raised on this blog. But we also need to make sure that comments are appropriate and respectful to other readers, so we do have a few house rules.

We welcome all comments which are relevant to the article you are commenting on. However, we ask you to bear in mind that all posts are published at our discretion. In particular, we reserve the right to reject posts that include:

  • private information about individuals or organisations
  • abusive, hateful or discriminatory comments, content or links
  • insensitive, inappropriate or upsetting comments, content or links
  • allegations, and defamatory or insulting comments about named individuals or organisations
  • references to specific fitness to practise investigations, ongoing hearings or litigation, and any fitness to practise matters heard in private
  • anything which infringes or encourages infringement of the law, including the intellectual property or privacy rights of others
  • adverts or promotional material
  • comments that appear to be part of a concerted campaign or lobbying effort
  • comments from anonymous individuals
  • comments, content or links which are unrelated to the blog post.

By posting comments on this blog, you agree to abide by these house rules.

Our marketing communications team will review all comments before publication and can block a comment, or blacklist a user for serious infringement of our house rules.

For more information about GMC’s social media channels, visit

Contacting the GMC – complaints, concerns, and FOI requests

Please do not use this blog to raise concerns about a doctor – if you need to contact us for this reason, please refer to information about raising concerns on our website.

If you post messages that cover matters requiring official communications, we will ask you to contact us through email or telephone and will respond appropriately.

If you want to make a complaint about the GMC or would like to request information covered by Data Protection Act 1998 or Freedom of Information Act 2000, please refer to the information about contacting us.

%d bloggers like this: